Reading time ~1 minute
The beetroot is the taproot portion of a beet plant, usually known as beets in Canada and the USA. At the same time, this vegetable in British English, commonly known as beetroot. Besides being used as food, beets have used as food coloring and as a medicinal plant.
This beetroot hummus is super creamy, beautiful-looking, mostly used as a dip with chips, pita, or a sandwich spread, which is the favorite dish of the cooking lovers. It can also be kept for about a week in the fridge, making it a perfect weekday lunch solution or a take-along snack. It is not tough to make such a dish; neither it’s a time taking process. Let’s see how to make something so good within a matter of times.
• A small roasted beetroot to begin with as the main ingredient.
• A 15-oz. can cooked chickpeas. (1 can yield~1 ¾ cup)
• A large zested lemon and a ½ large lemon juiced.
• ½ teaspoon salt and black pepper,
• 2 large cloves garlic, which is minced.
• 2 heaping tbsp tahini and ¼ cup extra virgin oil.
• Let’s begin with preheating the oven to 375 degrees F (190 C), remove the stem and most of the root from your beets and scrub and wash them underwater until it’s clean.
• Now wrap the beets in foil, drizzle a bit of olive or avocado oil, then cover tightly and roast for one hour or until a knife inserted falls out without resistance. They should be tender.
• Set it in a fridge in a bowl to catch the juice to cool at room temperature.
• Once your beet is cooled and peeled, quarter it and place it in your food processor. Blend until only small bits are remaining.
• Now add the remaining ingredients except for olive oil and blend until its smooth
• Drizzle the olive oil as the hummus is mixing.
• Now taste and adjust the seasonings as needed by adding more salt, lemon juice, or olive oil. Please note that if it’s too thick, add a bit of water.
• Now, you can keep it up in the fridge for up to a week and enjoy it. As a topping or sandwich spread according to your wish.
Jul 20, 2020recipes
Jul 18, 2020recipes
Jul 10, 2020recipes
Sign up for curated informational content & updates.
India’s first video shopping experience for agriculture commerce serving better produce for our customers and providing a better source of income for farmers.
© 2020 Atom Internet Pvt Ltd . All Rights Reserved